1. The information we collect and how we collect it.
How we collect and store information depends on the Services you use. You can use some of the Services without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below.
1.1 Information you provide
We may collect information about you during your use of the Services, including but not limited to your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, payment information, gender, birth year, and information you provide or post on our Services or allow us to access, such as photos, video and/or audio, when you do certain things, such as:
- Enter registration information for one or more of our Services;
- Enter sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
- Participate in voting or polling activities, surveys, or similar activities where users are asked to respond to a variety of questions;
- Make a purchase;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
- Sign up to receive SMS (text message) notifications;
- Sign up to receive desktop (browser-based) or mobile push notifications;
- Download or use one of our mobile applications;
- Connect with the Services or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via a social networking site (SNS);
- Post-user-generated content, including comments, to or on any of our Services;
- Navigate our websites and mobile applications; or
- Submit your information to us for any other reason.
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose information through the Services, such as via an SNS, on message boards, in chat areas, or in advertising or notices you post, that information can be viewed publicly and may be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge (or our consent) and may result in data collection by or unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties.
1.2 Automatically-collected information
1.2.1 Device/usage information
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services. For example, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, geolocation information (as described in the next section below), unique device identifiers including mobile advertising identifiers, and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile devices (s), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, clicked items, interaction with advertisements, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, mouse hover data, including location and time spent on each area of the page, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting and analyzing this information.
1.2.2 Location information
We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, ZIP code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services), and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information, advertising, and features. For example, if your IP address indicates an origin in downtown Chicago, the Services may be customized with downtown Chicago-specific information and advertisements. In order to do this, your location information may be shared with our agents, vendors, or advertisers. If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
1.2.3 Cookies and other electronic technologies
When you use the Services, we use persistent and session cookies and other similar tracking technologies to (a) store your username and password; (b) monitor and analyze the usage of our sites and services by collecting the information discussed in section 1.2.1 above; (c) customize the Services to your explicit and inferred preferences; and (d) deliver interest-based advertising displayed by the Services, as well as advertisements that may be displayed on other websites or mobile applications. We along with our vendors may also use other Internet technologies, such as Flash technologies, Web beacons or pixel tags, and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of the Services, as well as serve you ads and personalize/customize your experience when you are using our Services and/or when you are on other websites when those cookies can be accessed. We also may include Web beacons in email messages, newsletters, and other electronic communications to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics, personalization, and advertising. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
We may sometimes target ads to you through ‘onboarded’ audiences: to do this, we may share information you have provided to us with service providers, who will de-identify the information and associate it with cookies that enable us to reach you with display media. We may also help these service providers place their own cookies, by deploying a cookie that is associated with a ‘hashed’ value associated with interest-based or demographic data, to permit advertising to be directed to you on other websites, applications, or services.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Services, and the advertisements you see may not be as relevant to you. We may also use Flash cookies. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, you can visit the
Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel. Please note that limiting third-party cookies through your browser controls will not necessarily opt you out of first- or third-party interest-based advertising, as some technologies (including those we or our partners may use) may not respond to these browser controls.
To opt out of interest-based advertising that is enabled by many industry platforms and providers (including much of the advertising described in this section), please see the choices we have described in Section 4.2.
1.3 Information from third parties
We may obtain additional information about you from third parties such as marketers, partners, researchers, social networks, data services companies (e.g., for data enhancement), and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information about you that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide.
1.4 Collection of information across personal devices, and applications
Sometimes, we (or our service providers) may use the information we collect – for instance, log-in credentials, IP addresses, hashed email addresses, and unique mobile device identifiers – to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computers), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content, features, and advertising, and provide you with a seamless experience across the devices you use to access the Services.
2. What we do with the information we collect.
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To send you alerts or other communications via SMS messages or other media or networks;
- To notify you about new features of the Services, special events, or products, services, and special offers;
- To administer sweepstakes and contests;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- To contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To attribute content that you make available through the Services;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and usage patterns of the Services;
- To perform analytics and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services;
- To offer, manage, monitor, and improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
- To allow us to personalize or otherwise provide the content and advertising that you see on the Services and on other websites and mobile applications and to understand how users interact with and use our advertisements and Services;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services;
- To associate your activities, customize content or deliver interest-based advertising across different devices and browsers that you use to access the Services (for instance, computers, tablets, mobile devices, applications, and websites); and
- To send you offers and advertisements through various channels (which may include, for instance, display, email, direct mail, and TV), whether on our behalf or on behalf of marketing partners with whom we may engage.
The Services are supported by advertising revenue. We may send you commercial emails on behalf of ourselves, our Affiliates, and advertisers. Each such email we send you will have an opt-out that you can use to stop receiving such communications.
3. How we share and disclose user information with third parties.
We may make your information available to other companies, websites, applications, or people in the circumstances described below:
We may share your information with any agent or company that is part of Chandigarh khabernama Company in order to provide the Services or advertising or to communicate with you on our behalf.
We may provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation billing, sales, marketing, provision of content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. When you sign up to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, your information may also be provided to our sweepstakes or contest advertisers, operators, or sponsors and the use of that information will be also governed by those advertisers’, operators’, or sponsors’ privacy policies or practices.
We may share your information with third parties for their own and sometimes our own advertising and marketing purposes, with whom we have a contractual relationship, including without limitation third-party advertisers and advertising and list brokering networks.
We may access, disclose, transfer and preserve your information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- Comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal processes; and respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory bodies, law enforcement, public authorities, or content protection organizations;
- Permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
We may share your information in connection with any proposed or actual merger, reorganization, transfer of control, a sale of some or all Chandigarh khabernama assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
4. Chandigarh khabernama use of online analytics and interest-based advertising.
4.1 Online analytics
4.2 Interest-based advertising
When you use the Services, Chandigarh khabernama may serve you with ads based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, the information you provide such as your age or gender, your searches, demographic and geographic data, user-generated content, and other information that you provide to us. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and may be based on your interests.
Also, third parties, including without limitation those whose products or services are accessible or advertised via the Services, may place cookies or other tracking technologies (such as mobile ‘SDKs,’ which function as a mobile version of a browser cookie and are embedded in mobile applications) on your computer browser, mobile phone applications, or other devices to collect information about your use of the Services in order to (i) inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our websites and other sites and mobile applications and (ii) report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our websites, mobile applications, and use of our Services. We also allow other third parties to serve interest-based ads to you on the Services, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other devices you use to access the Services so that interest-based ads may be delivered to you when you are using other websites and mobile applications. We also may share with third-party advertisers a hashed version of your email address, which may be identified by a service provider for purposes of delivering interest-based advertising on the Services, other websites, and/or mobile applications. We likewise may work with platform providers who serve advertising across devices. For instance, we may want to reach our web-based customers when they are on their mobile devices. This is done, generally, by correlating common attributes (such as IP addresses, other browser or device information, or hashed email addresses) across devices, to infer a common identity across multiple channels.
The third parties that use these technologies may offer you a way to opt out of interest-based ad targeting as described below. We do not maintain or control these opt-opt mechanisms, which are provided by non-affiliated third parties. Further, we do not control which third parties choose to participate in these opt-out mechanisms. Please note that opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean that you will no longer see advertising on the Services, but these ads may be less relevant to your interests.
To maximize the effectiveness of your opt-out, you should register your choice through all of these mechanisms and on each web browser and/or mobile device that you use to access the Services:
- General Browser-based Opt-outs: If you would like more information about interest-based browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver such advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA’s) Consumer Opt-Out link or TrustArc’s Advertising Choices Page to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from companies that participate in those programs. You may also use the links available in advertisements that appear in the Services and learn more about our advertising practices through the About Our Ads link that may be available through the Services.
- LiveRamp: To opt-out of this data collection, sharing, and use by our partner, LiveRamp, please click here.
- Lotame: To opt-out of this data collection, sharing, and use by our partner, Lotame, please visit https://www.lotame.com/about-lotame/privacy/.
- Google Analytics: If you have a Google account, we may use Google Analytics to display advertising to you. You can opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page. You will need to log in to Google via the Sign In link if you are not already logged in when you visit that page.
- Mobile Device Settings: You can also opt-out of ‘cross-app advertising — interest-based advertising that is associated with your use of our or other mobile applications. To do so, please go to your device settings and opt-out through the controls provided through Google/Android or iOS, as applicable. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of interest-based in-application advertisements. (We cannot guarantee that these instructions will not change, or that they will continue to be available; they are controlled by each mobile platform, not us.). For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator.
Note that, after choosing to opt-out via any of the methods above, if you use a different device or a different browser, or if you delete browser cookies, you may need to repeat the opt-out steps for that particular device or browser. In addition, if you block cookies on your browser or if third-party cookies are blocked by default, the opt-out tools above may not function. If you opt-out of the use of your information for interest-based advertising, data may still be collected and used for other purposes including analytics and research.
5. How you can access and update your information.
To ensure that you have some control over the information we have about you, you may review and update certain user profile information by logging in to the relevant portions of the Services where such information may be updated (may be available on some Services and not others) or by contacting us at [email protected].
6. How we protect information.
We have implemented a variety of administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration of your information. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process, and store and the current state of technology.
7. Linked sites and advertisements.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third-party websites.
We have relationships with third-party providers to provide content, products, services, and functionality through the Services. When you visit sites or use any Services provided in conjunction with one or more of these third-party providers and the brands of those providers appear on the site or Services in connection with such content, products, services, or functionalities, we may share any information you provide or that is collected during your use of those Services with those providers.
8. Collection of certain information by third parties through our Services.
For certain advertising and other features that appear in the Services, a third party, such as an advertiser, search engine or other partners may collect information such as your name, home address, email address, or device information, such as an IP address. These entities may use this information in any way they choose, including to market to you, or to share with others. The information may be covered by those entities’ separate privacy policies. In some cases, these entities may not have a separate online presence. You should therefore only submit your information in these cases when you are comfortable doing so given the above conditions. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of these other parties, you should contact them.
9. Use of the Services by users from outside the United States.
10. Use of the Services by children.
The Services are not intended for persons under the age of 16. By using the Services, you hereby represent that you are at least 16 years old. Some third parties, such as platform providers like the iTunes Store or Google Play may provide age-based ratings on some of the Services. These ratings shall have no bearing on this limitation. Third parties may also provide content categories on some of the Services. These categories likewise shall have no bearing on this limitation.
11. No rights of third parties.
13. How to contact us.
Depending on what Services you use, we may provide the following categories of personal information to third parties for these purposes:
- For online interest-based advertising purposes: demographic and statistical information, user-generated content, device information and identifiers, connection and usage data, geolocation, and social media information.
- For sharing with third parties to send you relevant offers and promotions and opportunities: contact and registration information; demographic and statistical information, employment and education data, user-generated content, and geolocation.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request for access, deletion, or to opt-out, which may include, at a minimum, depending on the sensitivity of the information you are requesting and the type of request you are making, verifying your name, email address, and mailing address.
You also are permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request.
13.2 How to Exercise Your CCPA Access, Deletion, and Opt-out Rights
If you would like to exercise your legal rights to access, delete, or opt-out of the sale of your personal information, you may click here. While using this webform will be the most efficient way to exercise your rights, you may also call us at +91-98-0330-0089.
13.3 Non-Discrimination and Financial Incentives
The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your access, deletion, or sale opt-out rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. You also have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any).
13.4 India Do-Not-Track Disclosure Requirements
13.5 Additional Indian Rights for Minors
If you are an Indian resident under the age of 18 and are a registered User of our Services, you may request that we remove from our Services any content you post to our Services that can be accessed by any other User (whether registered or not). Please note that any content that is removed from our Services may still remain on our servers and in our systems. To request removal of content under this provision, please send an email to [email protected] and provide us with a description of the content and the location of the content on our Services, and any other information we may require in order to consider your request. Please note that removal of content under this provision does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the Services by you.